This clone is meant for computers with a modern GPU and CPU (from about 2008 or later recommended).
It's also designed for 60Hz monitor refresh rates, so it can act choppy if you're below/above 60Hz.
Note: If you're using a French keyboard layout, you must not hold down shift while entering numbers in
the pattern data.
Version #35 (beta) download: (binaries updated 08.11.2019 19:09 GMT +2 - changelog)
--> Windows 64-bit - Palette editor tool
--> macOS/OS X 64-bit (OS X 10.6 and later - read Mac notices below!) - Palette editor tool
--> Legacy Windows 32-bit (beta version #35, rarely updated, also has false virus reports)
macOS/OS X important notices:
- To be able to actually run the program, you need to right click the .app/program and click "Open".
This is only needed once, you can open it like normal after this.
- A lot of important keybindings in PT are occupied and has to be rerouted or removed in the OS.
- To toggle fullscreen, press F11. If it doesn't work, you need to hold down the fn-key as well.
- The performance can be really sluggish, especially on older retina MacBooks/Macs.
The mouse cursor can be heavily delayed, and turning off VSync (protracker.ini) can either help or make it
much worse. Getting good performance and little delay with my tracker clones on (older?) Macs is heavily luck based!
Windows important notice:
- If ALT+F5 (paste pattern) doesn't work and you have an NVIDIA GPU, you need to make sure that
keybinding is disabled in 'GeForce Experience' (if it's installed).
GNU/Linux important notice:
- To get ALT+F4 (copy pattern) and ALT+F5 (paste pattern) working, you have to change these
keyboard shortcuts in your OS to something else.
Source code: pt2-clone-b35-code.zip (URL will change with versions)
Please read "HOW-TO-COMPILE.txt". Compiles on Linux.
ProTracker tutorial by Wasp^PWL: http://bit.ly/1KAG0IS
IRC: #protracker at IRCNet (server: open.ircnet.net)